Yet again I am doing an Irving Penn emulation. I have been enjoying these photo emulations quite a lot. I like looking at an image another photographer has done and putting my own spin on it. This one is of an older gentleman that looks like colonel mustard holding up a cigarette. I decided to take creative license on the image like I have done with most of the images I emulated. Here is the image I emulated:
I ended up doing the image reversed and also I ended up not cropping it so much. Also I didn't have the monocle but I did decide to have the model to keep his glasses on. Here is the image I created, and like the others I used a black background with a high model light.
I like the contrast of the white cigarette on the black background. Also I like how in the above picture the older man had on a white under-shirt and a black shirt on top, while in the one I did he has black underneath and white on top. Also I like how his hair almost blends into the background. I think that this emulation was a success if I do say so myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment